The Florence County Library System provides library materials, services, and programs to all citizens of Florence County, to assist them in obtaining information to meet their diverse educational, cultural, recreational, and professional needs.
The Florence County Library consists of a Main Library, five branch facilities, and a bookmobile. County libraries in South Carolina are mandated by state law and governed by individual Boards of Trustees appointed by local County Councils.
We are a full-service, user-oriented facility, which offers, in addition to books, reference services, a local history and genealogical collection, books on tape, audiocassettes, CDs, videos and Internet – all free of charge to Florence County citizens. A small fee is charged to out-of-county cardholders.
- Lake City
- Audio Books
- Interlibrary Loan Information
- Pee Dee Partnership for Small Business and Non-Profit Organizations
- Computer Classes and Workshops
- Public Meeting Rooms
- Research Links
- South Carolina Room
- Wireless Internet Access
- The Friends of the Florence County Library
- Book and Materials Donation Policy & Receipt
- Children’s Internet Use & Safety Policy
- Children’s Library Policy
- Circulation and Fines Policies
- Code of Conduct
- Computer Use Policy
- Library Grounds Policy
- Meeting Room Policy
- Florence County Council
- Florence County Library System Board of Trustees
Hours and Locations