FoFCL Receives Two National Awards and the following Two State Awards:
- 2010 LYRASIS Excellence Award, recipient Ray McBride, FCLS Director
- 2010 Humanities Council sc, Grant for Joe Stukes History Series
Click Here for more awards Friends of the Florence County Library have received.
- Vision Statement:
- Our Vision Statement: Friends of Florence County Library aspire to provide world class public library services through quality educational, cultural and recreational programming.
- Assist Florence County Library System with the development of quality programming
- Promote educational advancement
- Provide resources that enhance research tools for patrons
- Encourage gifts, endowments, and memorials to the library
- Publicize the library’s services
- Sponsor quality programs
- Further the Childrens’ Summer Reading Program by hosting fundraisers to provide funding for families of Florence County
- Provide financial assistance for books, materials, services and special collections
- Give grants to the library
- Inform the community about the library’s schedule through newsletters, postcards, media sources
For questions or information on how to get involved contact Mary Wiser, Friends of Florence County Library Coordinator, at (843) 413-7065, or use email email@example.com or post to:
- Friends of Florence County Library
509 South Dargan Street
Florence, South Carolina 29506
Help us keep our library the best in South Carolina!
To join Friends of Florence County Library, view our Membership Form. After completing the form, please mail to the address listed along with your annual membership fee.
Got books you no longer want?
Click the link below for a form and receipt for donating books to the library. Fill the form out to the best of your ability and bring it in with your donations.
Book and Materials Donation Policy & Receipt.
Recent assistance Friends have provided to the Library:
Provided sponsorships/grants in the amount of $68,856 to the library system in FY 2011. Sponsorship/grants included children’s summer reading programs, adult programs, new book purchases and electronic book purchases.