|Resources for Adults||Resources for Kids||Resources for Teens|
FRAUD TIPS AND ALERTS:
- Lottery/Sweepstakes Scams: Never send money to claim a prize, especially through a wire transfer. It’s like sending cash. Legitimate lotteries or sweepstakes do not ask you to send money in order to collect.
- Fake Checks: Never cash an unsolicited check sent in the mail If you receive a fake check contact the post office and ask to speak to your local inspector.
- Beware of Investment Scams: Check out the salesperson, company, and investment opportunity before making any decisions.
- Medical Scams: Be skeptical of any free test, cheap miracle drugs, especially if you don’t hear about from your doctor. Never get your prescription drugs from unsolicited e-mail.
- Charity Scams: These scams follow the headlines. Before you donate to help victims of the latest disaster, ask questions. Know who you are dealing with, where the money is going and how much the group is trying to raise.
A partnership between American Library Association
and FINRA Investor Education Foundation
FINRA is proud to support the American Library Association